— What version
Access. log said there is 300 uniq viewer on yesterday. I know is a little. but every night (I assume high traffict) my video direct link will slow to load at first. this happens only at night or when I post new video and I announce to my visitors in Twitter maybe they open it at the same time
i dont know actually what is wrong
— I never check it. the Vultr say its paired with My ubuntu 16.04 (stack install LAMP)
— Because of my traffict spike at night. with apache I dont have any problem at other time.
maybe because I don't know to prevent high request video stream at the same time with many users. so I strict with the module which I think most simple solution to implement and no much write code
— I mean what php version
— How many version of php? the usuall one
— The best solution to your case is the following:
1. Get new Vultur instance
2. Install debian, no Ubuntu as server, it's full of bloat, shitty configured packages etc.
3. Install nginx from mainline repo of nginx.
4. Install php from ondrej repo, preferably version 7.1 and higher.
5. Move your application to the new server.
6. Convert your htaccess to nginx directives.
7. Use the tips said earlier by Thomas.
8. If all runs well switch production to this one
— I will save it as to do list. maybe i will try. if Ubuntu has great tutorials at askubuntu.com i think debian has too. maybe i will try all. I don't know where to start.
its a long proccess for me i think need 2 day to do it. specially i never use debian (even will be similar with Ubuntu coz people say they came from the same source)
— Advantage: 95% of tutos which are Ubuntu only are applicable to Debian so you're safe
— I just wondering why nginx better to sends static file than apache, I mean its just mp4 file. with around 50 to 100 Mb / title. but i think thats right. i dont have to know the details
— Because Apache is threaded